Scholarships & Financial Aid Scholarships & Financial Aid
Esthetics or Cosmetology Scholarships and Financial Aid
The Eric Fisher Academy Office of Financial Aid assists students and prospective students through financial aid services and guidance in obtaining grants, esthetics or cosmetology scholarships, veteran benefits and loans. Eric Fisher Academy’s Financial Office simplifies the complex nature of the financial aid system through a hands-on approach.
Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
To apply for federal student aid, such as federal grants, work-studies and loans, you need to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
Steps to Complete the FAFSA
Your ID is your electronic signature for FAFSA on the web. If you are a dependent student (see below to determine if you are), your parents also will need to apply for an ID to sign your FAFSA.
The Department of Education considers a student independent by the following criteria:
- You are at least 24 years old on the day you file your FAFSA
- You are married on the day you file your FAFSA
- You are a parent
- You are an Orphan or Ward of the Court (or were until age 18)
- You are a Veteran or currently serving on active duty in the U.S. Armed Forces
- You were a foster child after the age of 13
- You are an emancipated child as determined by a court judge
If none of the above criteria apply to you, you’re a dependent student, which means that your parents will also need to apply for an ID to sign your FAFSA.
Gather your most recent tax information (Federal 1040 and W-2 forms)
- If you are a dependent student you will also need YOUR PARENT(S)’ tax information (Federal 1040 and W-2 forms)
- If you are a married student on the day you complete your FAFSA, you also need your SPOUSE to provide their most recent tax information (Federal 1040 and W-2 forms)
Please note: If you are unable to locate your W-2(s), you can visit your local IRS building. If you are unable to locate your tax return(s), please visit www.irs.gov and complete a tax transcript request form. If you would prefer, an Eric Fisher Academy Financial Aid Representative can help you to complete the form at Eric Fisher Academy.
Eric Fisher Academy offers the ACE Grant to all cosmetology and esthetics students. To receive this grant, students are required to complete information prior to enrolling in school and while attending school to receive the funds.
Requirements Before Attending
To qualify for the ACE Grant the student must complete the following criteria before the class start date:
- Find a high school, salon or spa to sponsor the student while attending.
- Complete the ACE Grant application with all the required information. Click here to print the ACE Grant application.
- Obtain two professional letters of reference (cannot be a family member or friend)
- Write a 500-word essay describing their career goals, how they will achieve them and why they are deserving of the ACE Grant.
- These items must be turned in along with all the admission requirements prior to start date.
Requirements While Attending
Requirements while in school and before completing 943 hours (cosmetology) or 900 hours (esthetics):
- Maintain an attendance of 95% or above at all times.
- Maintain a GPA of 90% or above at all times.
- Student cannot have any violations resulting in probation or suspension.
- Students who take a leave of absence will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
- Student must shadow a minimum of 8 hours at a salon or spa.
Student must track their hours on the provided hour requirement sheet and have the salon or spa sign it. Click here to print the Shadow Hours Requirement form.
- Students requesting to shadow during school hours must have at least one-week prior approval from the Career & Academic Advisor.
Please Note: The ACE Grant is awarded to students upon reaching 943 clock hours in the cosmetology program and 900 clock hours in the esthetics program. All requirements must be met in order to be eligible for the grant.
Click here to download ACE Grant requirements.
A Federal Pell Grant is for students with financial need and does not have to be repaid. All students are automatically considered for a Pell Grant when the FAFSA is filed (see information above).
Esthetics or Cosmetology Scholarships
Esthetics or cosmetology scholarships are available from a number of resources. Look around and do your research as there are many scholarship opportunities online and in your community. Check out these websites and make sure you watch out for deadlines!
If you are awarded a scholarship, please report the award to the Eric Fisher Academy Financial Aid Office so your scholarship can be processed.
- The Great Scholarship Program
Great Clips provides over $100,000 in scholarships and professional tools to cosmetology students each year! The scholarship award and professional tools are valued between $250 – $1,500.
- The Joe Francis Haircare Cosmetology Scholarship Foundation
The scholarships are awarded directly toward tuition costs for cosmetology education. Over the past 21 years, this foundation has awarded 384 scholarships and given close to a half million dollars in scholarships.
- Professional Beauty Association Lifetime Member Scholarship
Five $1,000 scholarships will be awarded to Professional Beauty Association members to use toward an education in cosmetology.
- Sydell & Arnold Miller Family | Art of Haircutting Scholarship
Show off your 3 favorite haircuts for a chance to win this exciting scholarship worth up to $5,000.
- Sydell & Arnold Miller Family | Art of Hairdressing Student Scholarship
If you enjoy bridal, prom styling or special occasion hair, show off your favorite 3 looks for an opportunity to win this scholarship worth up to $5,000.
- Sydell & Arnold Miller Family | Art of Haircoloring Student Scholarship
Show off your 3 favorite hair coloring techniques for a chance to win this scholarship worth up to $5,000.
- Arnold M. Miller | Find-A-Way Student Scholarship
One tuition scholarship up to $15,000 will be awarded to any new or current student who has a “Find-A-Way Attitude” in their life and career.
- Beauty Schools Directory Scholarship
Students who are planning to attend school for cosmetology or esthetics can apply for a $2,500 scholarships courtesy of Beauty Schools Marketing Group.
- CosmoProf | Licensed to Create Student Scholarship
Provides an opportunity for prospective and newer students enrolled in a cosmetology program to win up to $5,000 to help offset the cost of tuition.
- Buy-Rite’s Annual Beauty School Scholarship
This $1,000 scholarship is for students interested in pursuing a degree in cosmetology. All participants must have applied to or be enrolled in as full-time cosmetology student.
- Keller Cosmetology Scholarship
Show Keller International what makes you unique for a chance to win $1,000 towards your tuition fees.
- “Education Rocks” Scholarship
Win a $250 scholarship provided by Kathy Jager & Associates.
- The International Dermal Institute
The IDI Elevate Your Education Scholarship rewards the most passionate, gifted newcomers to the world of professional skin care with top-notch advanced education and career assistance.
- International Spa Association Scholarship
Eight $1,000 scholarships open from March 1-April 30, and nine $1,000 scholarships open from August 1 – October 15 to be used toward esthetics, makeup or massage therapy program tuition.
- Sydell L. Miller | Total Image Esthetics Student Scholarship
Students who can provide proof of acceptance and/or proof of attendance at an accredited beauty school can earn a tuition scholarship up to $7,500.
- Andrew Gomez Dream Foundation Scholarship – Esthetics
One scholarship will be awarded to an esthetics or nail student and can be applied toward program tuition costs up to $2,500.
- European Wax Center – “Experts in Wax” Scholarship
For all current or newly enrolled students of an esthetics or cosmetology program at an accredited school in the U.S. to help offset the cost of tuition. $2,000 to 4 recipients (may vary by year)
- Renée Rouleau Esthetician Scholarship
Share what inspires your career calling and your goals for the future as a licensed esthetician for the chance to earn $2,500 towards your esthetics tuition.
- Dermalogica “New Beginnings” Esthetics Scholarship
Open to BIPOC students who are newly accepted or currently enrolled in an esthetics program at a Dermalogica partner school. Four recipients will receive $5,000 each as well as mentorship by a Dermalogica expert skin therapist.
- Horst M. Rechelbacher Foundation | Sustainable Beginnings Scholarship
Designed to financially support those seeking licensure in the fields of esthetics. Two winners will be awarded $2,000 each.
- MUD Makeup Scholarship
Offers five $2,500 scholarships twice a year to any student attending an accredited cosmetology and/or esthetics school that offers MUD makeup in their program.
- Rosy Salon Software Scholarship
One $1,500 and two $500 scholarships will be awarded to students currently enrolled in a cosmetology, barber or esthetics program in the US or Canada resulting in a cosmetology, barber or esthetics license.
All programs offered at Eric Fisher Academy are approved by the Department of Veterans Affairs. If you are a qualifying veteran, visit the department’s website by clicking here.
Student Loan Options for Beauty School
A Direct Subsidized Loan is a low-interest loan with a fixed interest rate in which the federal government pays the interest while the student is in school and during periods of authorized deferment.
A Direct Unsubsidized Loan is a low-interest loan with a fixed interest rate in which the student is responsible for the interest, and it accrues while in school, during the grace period and during periods of deferment and forbearance. It is not based on financial need.
A Direct Parent Plus Loan is a Parent Loan for students. It enables parents with good credit histories to borrow money for their child’s expenses.