Things You Learn in Cosmetology Classes Things You Learn in Cosmetology Classes
Why You Should Enroll in Beauty School in Kansas
At Eric Fisher Academy, we prepare you for more than just doing hair! We help you get ready for a rewarding career. Success in cosmetology is more than just learning how to cut and color hair, do amazing updos, and apply makeup better than anyone. This is because success in the beauty industry involves more than just beauty skills — it requires customer service, networking, and business smarts, too!
In beauty school at Eric Fisher Academy, we truly teach you how to balance beauty with business. We cover important topics like how to find a job, how to get clients, and how to secure repeat business. We set our standards high so you will be prepared, be successful, and love your job.
Did you know that Eric Fisher Academy graduates are among the most highly sought-after beauty professionals in the industry? It’s true! When you complete your cosmetology training with us, you’ll be ready to become a stylist in a salon, work backstage at fashion shows or at photo shoots, be a celebrity stylist, a creative director of a product line, do print work for magazines and websites, work on a cruise ship, or even teach other aspiring cosmetologists.
The possibilities are endless and it all starts at Eric Fisher Academy! Enroll today to gain the foundation you need to start your rewarding career.
What You’ll Learn:
- Premier Business Training
- World-Famous Haircutting System
- Progressive Color Techniques
- Style With Knowledge
- Makeup Artistry
- Social Media Marketing
- Financial Peace with Dave Ramsey
Why You Should Enroll in Beauty School in Kansas
Becoming a cosmetologist in Kansas gives you the freedom to work in many different aspects of the beauty industry, while allowing you to be creative and still meet the beauty needs of your clients.
Cosmetology school at Eric Fisher Academy in Wichita, Kansas offers flexible class hours and provides you with the knowledge and hands-on skills needed in a salon or spa. The cosmetology classes we offer will prepare you for a smooth and successful licensing process through the state of Kansas.
Beyond hair and nail treatments, topics you might study include:
- Chemistry as it’s related to the body, and in the products and/or solutions you’ll use to perform services
- Proper Sanitation: The appropriate procedures to clean tools and maintain a hygienic workstation, including how to discard hair and nail waste after you’ve performed services
- Human Physiology and Anatomy: People’s biological makeup and the function of human skin, hair, and nails
- Communication Skills: Communication strategies, proper customer interaction, and other skills that are necessary to the trade
Learn How to Run a Business in Cosmetology School
Developed by Eric Fisher, Prosper U is the newest, most inspiring proven-to-work business curriculum and includes all the tools that have made him a success in the industry. Prosper U is your fast track to success, and includes 21 engaging lessons and videos with founder Eric Fisher. It offers in-depth advice to help you figure out what kind of services you will offer and what kind of clientele you want to have, including how to find the right job culture for you.
You will learn best business practices, including:
- Building great relationships
- How to gain referrals
- How to increase your average ticket
Through the premier business training of Prosper U, you will learn everything you need to know to be a success. You will:
- Learn that whether your goal is to work in your hometown salon or at fashion shows, managing your client’s experience is just as important as giving an amazing haircut
- Be given the tools to give your guests an extraordinary experience every time
- Learn tips for figuring out a career path, interviewing, and finding a mentor so you can have the career you’ve always wanted
- Gain the skills to attract, maximize, and retain clients
- Learn real world systems that are proven to work with real stylists in real salons
- Know what it takes to succeed in the beauty industry and have an edge over other beauty school graduates
- Be employable to salon owners
With an education from Eric Fisher Academy and the Prosper U program, you can turn your dreams from goals to reality. Learn more about Prosper U here.
Master a World-Famous Haircutting System
Eric Fisher’s Pure Forms cutting and finishing system incorporates classic hairstyles with easy-to-follow techniques that can be used every day. Pure Forms is a straight-forward, easy-to-master system based on the three essential principles of length, graduation, and layers.
With this system, you will learn how to create hairstyles that will easily fall into place, be easy for clients to style, and look great from haircut to haircut. This cutting and finishing system is used daily by stylists at the Eric Fisher Salons. Stylists around the country have paid thousands of dollars to learn this modern haircutting system, and you get to learn it, too when you enroll in our prestigious cosmetology school.
As an Eric Fisher Academy cosmetology student, you will:
- Master 10 women’s haircuts
- Learn advanced men’s cutting and barbering techniques
Learn Progressive Color Techniques at Beauty School
Eric Fisher Academy hair school cosmetology students learn best practices and techniques for:
- Single-process color
- Foil highlights
- Advanced color application
- Color correction
- Vivid and fantasy colors
Discover How to Style With Knowledge
Style With Knowledge is a revolutionary step-by-step program to help you build your business and make your clients look good. The knowledge you gain will not only help you during hair school, but can fast forward your career, guide you, help you learn to perform amazing blowouts, master finishing, be an expert in your field, and stay booked solid.
Salon owners say that 95% of all stylists just out of beauty school fall short in one area – blowouts. Our students have an advantage over the competition because they learn the Style With Knowledge program by Prosper U as part of their cosmetology training. Style With Knowledge teaches mastery of the styling secrets every successful hairstylist needs to know, including:
- Understanding the elements for a complete style
- Perfecting the proper styling techniques
- Choosing the right brush for the right hair type
- Using the right products
- Following proven-to-work blowout steps
Try Your Hand at Makeup Artistry
Known as the expert choice of makeup professionals for the past decade, Eric Fisher Academy is proud to be a Make-up Designory (MUD) Partner School. As an Eric Fisher Academy cosmetology student, you will learn the MUD Make-up basic beauty techniques.
Through our program you will master advanced skin care techniques and body treatments using top of the line products while developing progressive makeup artistry. An added bonus? Our students get professional-level discounts on MAC and Urban Decay cosmetics!
Use Social Media Marketing to Your Advantage
Instagram, Facebook, YouTube and other channels are all places to reach potential new clients and educate people about the services you offer. All Eric Fisher Academy students have the opportunity to experience Beauty as a Business social marketing curriculum.
You’ll learn how to utilize your social media accounts as effective and powerful marketing tools to boost your brand awareness, strengthen client relationships and attract new clients before you even graduate! Digital marketing is the best way to reach your audience, and you’ll learn how in this exclusive beauty school program.
Gain Financial Peace with Dave Ramsey’s Teachings
Take control of your money and your future! All Eric Fisher Academy students learn Dave Ramsey’s Foundations in Personal Finance. This comprehensive program includes topics like:
- Personal finance
- Avoiding and overcoming debt
- Retirement and savings plans
Not only will these lessons help you as you establish your own salon or work in an already-bustling one, but they’ll also help you with your own financial goals. Most college graduates can’t say they got those lessons in their standard curriculum!
Start Your Path in Cosmetology
The expert instructors at Eric Fisher Academy anticipate one of our best cosmetology courses yet, starting this fall. Are you going to join us?
Consider this your exclusive invitation. Enroll today and start your new career!