Step 1: Apply for a PIN!
To apply for your PIN click here
Your PIN is your electronic signature for FASFA on the web. If you are a dependent student your parents will also need to apply for a PIN to sign your FASFA.
The Department of Education considers a student independent by the following criteria:
- You are at least 24 years old on the day you file your FASFA
- You are married on the day you file your FASFA
- You are a parent
- You are an Orphan or Ward of the Court (or were until age 18)
- You are a Veteran or currently serving on active duty in the U.S. Armed Forces
- You were a foster child after the age of 13
- You are an emancipated child as determined by a court judge
- If none of the above criteria apply to you, you're a dependent student
Step 2: Gather Information!
Gather your most recent tax information [Federal 1040 and W-2 forms]
If you are a dependent student you will also need YOUR PARENT(S) tax information [Federal 1040 and W-2 forms]
If you are a married student on the day you complete your FASFA you also need your SPOUSE to provide their most recent tax information [Federal 1040 and W-2 forms]
*If you are unable to locate your W-2(s) you can visit your local IRS building. If you are unable to locate tax return please visit www.irs.gov and complete a tax transcript request form. Or you can see the Financial Aid Representative to complete the form.*
Step 3: Complete the FAFSA
Click here to complete the FASFA
EFA School Code is 041627
If you have questions while completing the FASFA please contact the Financial Aid Office at 316-440-5555 x314.
Step 4: Come for a visit!
Please contact EFA Admissions to schedule a Campus Visit - call 316-440-5555 x2.
We would love to meet you!